Tuesday, March 26, 2013

I don't know if I dare creep back in here after being absent for so long!  But here I am anyway.

I've decided to change the name of the blog as I have a new interest and that is my new sewing machine that I bought on impulse last week.  I haven't touched a sewing machine since I was about 19 so haven't got a clue what I'm doing but hey ho I'll teach myself if I can.

While looking on the Internet for ideas and fabrics etc, I've come across quite a bit of information on handbag making - this could quite possibly be my new passion!

I've got some lovely fabric to make my first bag for my daughter, it came this morning along with lots of other stuff I bought, it was like Christmas morning.  I have a book  with instructions and patterns so I will get I to that later. Its called the Bag Making Bible by Lisa Lam.  I haven't started reading it yet and have nothing to compare it with but it comes highly recommended.

I'm still waiting for interfacing and something called fusible fleece to arrive so I can't start the making yet, which is probably just as well because knowing me, I'll dive in head first without knowing what I'm doing and ruin it.

 
Anyway, this is the fabric I'm going to be using.  I'll post photos of the bag in progress when the time comes.

 
 
 
I'm thinking of using yellow speckled fabric for the lining.  As is my usual, I'm jumping in at the deepend  but I'm going to take my time and study the pattern and instructions and maybe start the bag on Friday when its my day off work.
 
Don't think I've abandoned my Cross Stitch altogether because I haven't.  I've spent a lot of time on my Spirit of Winter HAED and am pleased with my progress.  I'll post some pics of it in a while, I want to get on with reading my book!

No comments:

Post a Comment